Arogya Lakshmi scheme online application | Arogya Lakshmi for malnutrition in women | Arogya Lakshmi scheme registration Telangana | Arogya Lakshmi scheme implementation & eligibility
As we know that there has been an increase in the number of malnutrition effects especially in pregnant women in the country and this affects the health of the baby too. It has been seen that if malnutrition lasts for a longer time than 2-3 years, then it is very difficult to stop it from becoming fatal.
This happens due improper nutrition in the pregnant women, to control this situation the Telangana state government have started the Arogya Lakshmi scheme. Under the Arogya Lakshmi scheme pregnant and lactating women will be provided with sufficient nutritious diet for certain period.
In this article we have given information about the Arogya Lakshmi scheme of Telangana, how to apply for the scheme and eligibility for the scheme, so we request you to read the article till the end to understand the scheme properly.
Arogya Lakshmi scheme Overview
The Arogya Lakshmi scheme has been launched by the state government of Telangana specially for the pregnant and lactating women to avoid malnutrition. Under the scheme it is made sure that every women and children in the state get the adequate requirement of nutrition regularly.
Under this scheme the malnutrition and anemia conditions among pregnant and lactating women and children will be reduced, these are found the reasons for low birth of healthy babies in the state. There will be arrangements for health check-ups and immunization for women and children at the Anganwadi centres.
The Arogya Lakshmi scheme is carried out across the Ananwadi centres, the women will be provided one full meal of the day from the nearest Anganwadi centre. This meal will contain dal, rice, sambhar, leafy vegetables, boiled eggs and 200 ml milk along with iron and folic acid supplements for 25-30 days in a way of spot feeding. Children below 3 years of age will be given 16 eggs for a month and above 3 years to 6 years of age will be given 30 eggs for a month.
The Arogya Lakshmi scheme will be implemented in about 31897 main Anganwadi centres and 4076 mini Anganwadi branches in the state. The portion of meal will fulfill nearly 50% of the daily calories, protein and calcium requirements of women in pregnancy and lactation.
Arogya Lakshmi Scheme Details
|Name of scheme:||Arogya Lakshmi Scheme|
|Type of scheme:||State Government|
|Operated by:||Telanaga State government|
|Objective:||Nutrition to pregnant and lactating women|
|Beneficiaries:||Women and children of Telangana state|
Arogya Lakshmi Scheme Implementing and Monitoring
- The implementation of the scheme will be under the Anganwadi and ASHA workers of the state.
- These workers will visit the houses as per distributed in the districts for surveying the women.
- They will register early beneficiaries at the Anganwadi centres for regular meals from the centres.
- There will awareness created in the districts about the scheme.
- The eligible women will be issued with an MCP card during the village health and nutrition day.
- The beneficiaries will be accommodated at the centres during the distribution of meals and the record will be maintained by the AWW workers.
- One full meal will be served to the beneficiaries for 25 days which will contain rice, dal, leafy vegetables, sambhar.
- 30 eggs for 30 days will be served.
- 200 ml milk for 25 days and for the next 5 days milk in form of curd will be served with rice and dal.
- The vegetables and other additional menus will be as per availability in the market.
- The meals will be cooked at the centres by the AWW and ASHA workers for serving it fresh to the women.
- The Anganwadi workers will be provided with a permanent advance of Rs. 1500 at the beginning of the Arogya Lakshmi scheme and continued by 5th of every month.
- In absence of the AWW or ASHA workers a person identified by ALMSC will in charge of the work.
- The pregnant and lactating women will also be given iron and folic acid supplements to complete the nutrition and their nutrition monitoring will be done every month post the meal period.
- After the birth of the newborn baby weight and health condition will be recorded in case of further supply of nutrition is needed.
- Training campaigns for the Anganwadi & ASHA workers will be conducted regularly and food quality nutrition testing will be done by the state authorities.
- NGOs from the district will also be involved in the program and training will be provided for implementation.
- If the food quality is found to be compromised or irregularity in meals are found then the CDPO and Supervisor of the particular concerned program will be held responsible and strict will be taken against them.
- The functioning of Arogya Lakshmi scheme will also be monitored by ICDS committee. The state level monitoring officer will have to inspect at least 15 Anganwadi centres in their assigned districts.
Menu of the Arogya Lakshmi Scheme
The pregnant women and lactating women of the Telangana state will be provided with nutritious diet to avoid malnutrition in her as well as in the new born baby. They will be supplied with regular one time meal at the Anganwadi centres-
- Rice, Dal/Sambhar, Leafy vegetables(as per availability), milk for 25 days in a month.
- Eggs will be provided for 30 days and curd with rice, dal/sambhar and vegetable for the next 5 days.
Reps of various state governments and civil society groups visit a model #Anganwadi centre near #Hyderabad to view #Telangana‘s ‘Arogya Lakshmi’ scheme in action. It aims to provide one full meal in a day to #pregnant women and #breastfeeding mothers. pic.twitter.com/9Xawvysrgp
— UNICEF India (@UNICEFIndia) December 6, 2017
Benefits of the Arogya Lakshmi Scheme
- Arogya Lakshmi has been started by the Telangana state government since January 2013.
- This scheme benefits the pregnant and lactating women of the state by providing healthy nutrition monthly.
- The cases of malnutrition in women and unhealthy babies will be reduced in the state by this scheme.
- Along with one full meal the women are also given iron and folic acid tablets to avoid anemia conditions.
- There is spot feeding of the meal to the women at Anganwadi centres in the district.
- The Anganwadi and Asha workers conduct a door to door survey for women who do not get sufficient diet and need to be given a proper nutrition.
- A full meal will have rice, dal/sambhar, green vegetables, eggs, milk for minimum 25 days and children up to age 3 years will be given 16 eggs and from 3 to 6 years 30 eggs monthly.
- There will be a committee appointed by the WDCW department of Telangana to monitor the functioning of the scheme and nutrition quality of the food provided.
How to apply for the Arogya Lakshmi Scheme
- The Anganwadi and Asha workers of the particular locality will visit the houses of the people to survey.
- If they find any women who need to be covered under the full meal scheme they will note their names and make them eligible for the scheme.
- If any AWW or AHSA worker has not visited your place then visit the nearest Anganwadi centre of the district
- Ask for the Arogya Lakshmi Scheme form if required.
- Fill in the details of the applicant along with the complete address.
- Attach all the required documents such as medical proofs of pregnancy and details related to the applicant women.
- Submit the form at the Anganwadi centre.
- Your application will be completed.
Eligibility for the Arogya Lakshmi scheme and documents required
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Telangana
- She must be pregnant or lactating
- Proof of resident and identity
- Proof of income
- Aadhaar card
- Ration card
- Passport size photo
- Mobile number
Members and responsibilities of the committee in Arogya Lakshmi Scheme
The committee of one meal consists 11 members that are appointed in the monitoring committee of the Arogya Lakshmi Scheme, those are-
- Surpanch or Ward member preferably women are appointed as the Chairperson of the committee.
- ASHA worker as a member.
- Mothers(2 members)
- Community(Teacher/Retired govt. office/parents of pre-school children)
- Sakhi under SABLA programm/Adolescent girl member
- Representatives from village organisation(2 members)
- Anganwadi workers
- The members should create awareness about the one meal scheme in the district.
- Conduct a meeting once in a month on first nutrition health day.
- Check on the food supplies and storage of food grains.
- Keep a communication with the food & milk suppliers
- Ensure all the eligible beneficiaries are provided with benefits at the Anganwadi centres.
- Monitor there is no misuse of scheme of any kind from the workers as well as beneficiaries.
- Maintain the food quality, hygiene and supply of adequate amount to fulfil the purpose of the scheme.
- Monitor the attendance of the workers at Anganwadi centres.
FAQs on Arogya Lakshmi Scheme
Q. What is Arogya Lakshmi Scheme?
A. Arogya Lakshmi is a one meal scheme started by the Telangana state government to provide nutrition to the pregnant and lactating women to fight against malnutrition.
Q1. What are the benefits under the Arogya Lakshmi scheme?
A. The pregnant and lactating women will be given one full meal for minimum 25 days, 30 eggs in a month, 200 ml milk for 25 days and curd, rice, dal for the next 5 days. The women will also be given 90+ IFA tablets, children up to 3 years will be provided 16 eggs and from 3 to 6 years will be provided 30 eggs in a month.
Q2. What are the services given at Anganwadi?
A. Supplmentary nutrition will be provided to the children, pre-school education, immunisation and health check-ups are done at the Anganwadi centres.
Q3. How can a women be identified under the Arogya Lakshmi Scheme?
A. The women who have been registered as beneficiaries under the scheme will be issued with a unique MCP card on village health and nutrition day.
Please share the information you read here, so that more people can know about the benefits of this information. If you have any doubts please ask in the comments below.
For more information related to the state and central government schemes, also bookmark our website sarkariyojana.in.